Teens Attending Catholic High Schools
The Bishop’s Office for the Archdiocese of Atlanta asks that teenagers that attend any Catholic High School, still receive their sacrament of Confirmation from the home parish where their family is registered. This is so the teenagers stay connected to their home parish as the heart of their formation in faith through the Sacraments.
Participation in parish life is an important part of faith development. The United States of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) states in their document on the Church,
“The parish is where the Church lives. Parishes are communities of faith, of action, and of hope. They are where the Gospel is proclaimed and celebrated, where believers are formed and sent to renew the earth. Parishes are the home of the Christian community; they are the heart of our Church. Parishes are the place where God’s people meet Jesus in word and sacrament and come in touch with the source of the Church’s life.”
(Taken from Communities of Salt and Light, p. 1)
Because of your commitment to Catholic Education and their participation in Religion Class at their Catholic high school, your teenager does not have to participate in the weekly Confirmation classes.
The Office of Youth Ministry wants your teenagers to feel a part of the parish life of St. Catherine of Siena community. Often your teens are great leaders and have an incredible gift of faith and ability to articulate this faith that helps to lead others to know Christ in a profound way. Know your teenager is invited to anything the Office of Youth Ministry offers.
Catholic School Students Need To Complete
The Following Requirements:
· Year 1
– Attend the Day of Reflection in Spring 2016
- Complete 20 hours of ‘Works of Mercy’ and turn in the service hour logs for each year of the program
- Attend an overnight (2 night) Confirmation Retreat in Fall 2015 and the Rite of Enrollment at the 5pm Mass
· - Attend Interview Day, with reconciliation and testing in January 2016
· - Complete 20 hours of ‘Works of Mercy’ and turn in the service hour logs for each year of the program
· - Complete the Saint Report
· - Complete the Sponsor Packet with their sponsor
· - Attend the Confirmation Rehearsal and the Confirmation Ceremony in March 2017